Just Like Home Childcare is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for the children in our care. When we have visitors to our setting we need to ensure that this will not have a detrimental effect on the children and that the person in question has a valid reason for visiting. Accordingly, when a visitor arrives at the setting, we will follow the procedure set out below: –
- All visitors to the Club must sign the Visitor Log.
- The identity of the visitor will be checked and this will be recorded on the Visitor Log.
- If staff require further reassurance of the identity of the visitor, they will phone the employing organisation of the visitor, e.g. Ofsted, Local Authority, Environmental Health Department, etc, for further confirmation. If this is not possible, staff will seek the advice of the Manager.
- The reason for visit will be recorded.
- Visitors will never be left alone or unsupervised with the children.
- If a visitor has no reason to be on the premises staff will escort them from the premises.
- If the visitor refuses to leave, staff will call the police. In such an event an Incident Record will be completed and the manager will be immediately notified.
- When a visitor leaves the premises, we will record the time of departure on the Visitor Log.
This policy was adopted by: Just Like Home Childcare. Date: 4th December 2016.
To be reviewed: 4th December 2017. Signed:
Written in accordance with the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (2014):
Safeguarding and Welfare Requirements: Safety and suitability of premises, environment and equipment