I understand that as a working parent you need to be able to go to work however if your child is poorly then they will be more comfortable in their own home with yourself.
Whilst I am happy to care for children with minor coughs and colds I request that children are to be kept at home under the following circumstances:
- He/she has a fever or has had one within a 24 hour period
- He/she has a heavy nasal discharge
- He/she has a constant cough not related to allergies
- He/she has been vomiting within the last 48 hours
- He/she has symptoms of a possible communicable disease (these are usually sniffles, reddened eyes, sore throat, headache, abdominal pain or vomiting, or fever)
- He/she has mumps, measles, chicken pox, pink eye, lice, impetigo, conjunctivitis or any highly contagious condition
- He/she has had diarrhea within the last 48 hours
It is important that I take into consideration the other children that are in my care.
If your child requires Calpol to get through the day, then please consider whether their attendance is suitable, as your child attending with a possible contagious illness could be passed onto other children and staff, therefore possibly jeopardizing the service we like to provide. If your child requires Infant pain relief for teething then this is acceptable.
If your child shows signs of illness during a childminding session I will use my knowledge and common sense and if I consider it important I will contact you to come and collect your child otherwise I will inform you when you arrive to collect your child.
If I or one of my children are poorly I will contact you to inform you of the nature of the illness and if I am able to work. This then allows you to decide whether you wish to bring your child or not.