I believe that children can learn a lot from having contact with any animals, however certain procedures must be followed to ensure the safety of the children.
- I ensure that any animals/pets on the premises do not put the health and safety or welfare of the children.
- All animals at the premises are vaccinated.
- All children will be taught to treat animals with respect and teach them how to handle them correctly.
- Children will wash their hands after any contact with the animals and will be taught why.
- Food bowls and food will be kept locked away from and children’s reach.
- The garden will be checked every morning, before the children are permitted outside to play, to ensure that no animal has fouled it.